The Lil Hercules was released first in 1965 and was 1″ shorter. Small weights were added to the fin tips to make it tumble recovery instead of featherweight recovery. The Retro Repo update replaced balsa fins with laser cut balsa fins and plastic nose cone with balsa nose cone.
- Length: 6.50″
- Diameter: 0.76″
- Weight: 0.3 oz.
- Fin: Balsa
- Fin Span: 3.40″
- Recovery: Featherweight/Tumble
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-5, B6-6
- 12/29/2003 – Purchased Semroc Lil Hercules from Semroc for $3.50 (Retail $3.50)
- 02/21/2004 – Took pictures of kit package and then contents. Scanned the plans, fin sheet, fin, and nose cone. Removed fins from fins sheet and sanded them with 320,400, and 600 grit sandpaper. Marked the body tube using a home mode marking guide. Took a piece of paper that would wrap around the body tube and marked where the guide just fit around the body tube. Folder the paper in half once and then a second time creating creases in the paper. Marked the body tube along the creased and extended guidelines for the fins. Glued on fins and filleted joints. In the last fin fillet placed the launch lug against the body tube and fin keeping the aft end of the launch lug even with the aft end of the body tube. Measured kit components and placed them on page 114 Book #2.
- 02/22/2004 – Glued steel washer to end of fins.
- 05/10/2004 – Applied balsa filler to nose cone and fins.
- 05/24/2004 – Sanded balsa filler with 220 grit sandpaper.
- 06/03/2004 – Applied a second coat of balsa filler.