SEMROC Model #KA-8
The Semroc Aerobee-Hi is a clone of the Aerobee-Hi kit originally produced by Model Missiles Inc. between 1958 and 1961.
- Length: 14.00
- Diameter: 0.83″
- Weight: 5.00 oz.
- Fin Span: 3.20″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Decals: Waterslide
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-6, C6-7
- 07/30/2005 – This model was a NARAAM 47 (2005) special and was presented to each paid attendee.
- 01/14/2007 – Took pictures of package and components.
- 01/15/2007 – Scanned components. Measurements are recorded in book #3 page 50.
- 01/16/2007 – Using tube marking guide, marked body tube for fin placement. Extended lines with aide of door jamb. Rounded leading and trailing edges. Sanded smooth root edges of fins. Glued each fin to reference line drawn on body tube placing each fin even with the aft end of the body tube. Sanded the strakes smooth and glued them along the reference line and touching the fin’s leading edge. Cut launch lug in half. Glued one even with the aft end of the body tube and the other even withe the forward end of the body tube and along the launch line reference line.
- 01/17/2007 – Filleted all joints with yellow glue.
- 03/16/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Red Primer.