WILDMAN Model #
5″ diameter with a 54mm motor mount it can fly almost anywhere on anything from H-K motors.
- Length: 22″
- Diameter: 5″
- Motor Mount: 54mm
- Motors: H thru K
- 03/06/2013 – Purchased Wildman Jart 5″ from Wildman KY for $118.00 (Retail $140.00)
- 03/23/2013 – Measurements are on page 134 Book #3. Cut 30′ of 1/2″ green Nylon shock cord from bulk spool
- 03/24/2013 – Flamed shock cord ends to seal them. Epoxied rear centering ring to motor mount tube. Epoxied one side of forward centering ring to motor mount tube and one side of eye bolt nut and threads. Finished epoxying centering ring to motor mount tube and around both side of eye bolt.
- 03/25/2013 – Epoxied motor mount centering rings to body tube.
- 03/26/2013 – Epoxied bulk plate to tube connector.
- 03/28/2013 – Filleted nose cone shoulder/disk joint.
- 03/29/2013 – Filleted forward and aft centering ring joints with epoxy.
- 04/01/2013 – Epoxied all three fins to motor mount tube through body tube slots.
- 04/02/2013 – Filleted fins to body tube with epoxy.
- 04/03/2013 – Applied fillets to build up fin/body tube joint. Sanded and epoxied tube coupler into nose cone. Had to drill a small hole into nose cone plate head to relieve pressure buildup of tube coupler tight fit.
- 04/04/2013 – Sanded fillets, body tube and nose cone. Painted body tube Orange and nose cone Black. This completes construction of the Wildman Jart 5″.
|06/14/2014||Sod Farm||BS81||J250||Too long of a delay. Stripped shroud lines from parachute and rocket came in hot. Broke Fin/BT Fillet but it is repairable.|
|04/26/2015||Sod Farm||BS92||J145 SK||Shroud lines broke on parachute and caused the fins to separate from the motor mount tube.|