Public Missiles Ltd #
The CALLISTO is a great kit for Pre-Cert and Level 1 flights. This rocket stands 46 in. tall, is 2.2 in. diameter and has a 3 (Nike Style) fin design. This rocket comes standard with a 29mm motor mount and can fly on F thru I motors. At ~25 oz., the 24in. parachute is sized right for the stock kit to make a safe landing under most field conditions.
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.
- Length: 46″
- Diameter: 2.2″
- Weight: 25 oz.
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors: 29mm F-I
- Parts List:
- Pre-slotted Quantium Airframe
- Nose Cone
- Piston Ejection Kit
- Piston Tube
- Slotted Bulk Plate
- Piston Strap
- 24″ Parachute
- 29mm Mptor Mount Tube
- Centering Rings (2)
- Notched Centering Ring
- Shock Cord
- Launch Lugs
- Decal Sheet
- Instruction Sheet
- 01/03/2009 – Purchased Public Missiles Callisto from Nocturnal Knight Rocketry for $50.00 (Retail – $54.95)
- 10/30/2020 – Took picture of package and contents. Scanned nose cone, piston disk, plans, centering rings, decal and label. Measurements were recorded in Book #4 Page 78. Using 220 grit sandpaper, sanded off end of motor mount tube where motor retainer will be positioned. Test fit centering rings into motor mount tube and airframe.
- 10/31/2020 – Epoxied forward centering ring 1/2″ from forward end of motor mount tube. Pulled nylon shock cord 4″ onto forward edge of motor mount tube and epoxied in place. Took pictures of the attachment. Added three pieces of scotch tape to rear centering ring.
- 11/02/2020 – Epoxied and filleted fins through slot onto motor mount tube.
- 11/05/2020 – Using Harbor Freight Super Weld Epoxy, welded motor retainer to rear of air frame. Feed free end of strap through attached to motor mount tube through disk slot and D-ring and epoxied to disk.
- 11/06/2020 – Filleted piston disk joint with epoxy.
- 11/07/2020 – Tied D-ring to one end of smaller nylon shock cord and other end to nose cone. Tied parachute to D-ring.
- 11/23/2020 – Drilled 2 #31 gauge holes in line in air frame and installed 1010 rail buttons.
- 12/10/2020 – Sewed D-ring to shock cord with Kevlar thread.
- 10/18/2023 – Spray painted body tube with Rust-oleum # 328373 High Gloss White and nose cone with Rust-oleum #7786830 Gloss Smoke Gray.
- 10/20/2023 – Masked lower body tube and engine retainer. Spray painte fins with Rust-olium #7786830 Gloss Smoke Gray.