CUSTOM Model #10024
Patriotic kit! Easy to build and fly; makes a great beginner kit. Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, laser-cut balsa fins, and 12” parachute recovery. Self-adhesive decals and quick-release engine mount. Flights of over 1,000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor.
- Length: 12″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 0.9 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Nose Cone: Injection molded plastic
- Decal: Pressure Sensitive
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 06/22/2004 – Purchased Custom #10024 Freedom model rocket form Joe’s Hobby Barn for $6.49 (Retail – $7.95)
- 10/20/2005 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned nose cone, fin sheet, centering ring, engine block and decal.
- 10/21/2005 – Scanned instructions and decal without protective sheet. Measured components and recorded in Book #2 Page 154.
- 10/28/2005 – Modified motor mount from 18mm to24mm. Glued engine block 2-1/2″ from aft end. Marked bottom of body tube for fin placement and alignment. Marked fin reference line with aide of door jamb. Glued all 4 fins to body tube along the fin reference lines.
- 10/29/2005 – Filleted fin joints. Glued launch lug 3″ from aft end along launch lug reference line.