BMS Model #MRK.IX
The Viking 1 is an advanced design model rocket. A new and superior type of aerodynamic stability is used which permits maximum stability with minimum drag. This lower drag results in greater altitudes than has been possible from flat fin conventional designs. Be a winner with a Viking 1.
- Length: 20″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Easy to follow assembly directions
- All part complete (No cutting or forming)
- Amazing single engine performance
- High altitude flights
- Fine display model
- Explore the sky with the Viking-1
- Recommended engines: A4-4, B3-4, C4-4, D4-6, D6-6, E5-6, D18-6
- 02/13/2008 – Purchased the FSI model from BSM for $6.00 (Retail – $6.00).
- 02/13/2008 – Took pictures of package and components.
- 02/14/2008 – Glued 2 fin tubes to body tube.
- 02/15/2008 – Glued 3rd tube fin to body tube. Glued tube coupler to upper body tube. Glued screw eye into nose cone. glued shock cord mount into upper portion of body tube.
- 02/16/2008 – Glued tube coupler to lower body tube.
- 02/18/2008 – Glued upper launch lug to upper body tube.
- 02/20/2008 – Filleted one set of tube fins joints with yellow glue.
- 02/21/2008 – Filleted another set of tube fin joints with yellow glue.
- 02/22/2008 – Filleted last set of tube fin joints with yellow glue.
- 03/01/2008 – Filled in fillet air bubbles with yellow glue.
- 03/02/2008 – Touched up fin fillets.
- 05/04/2008 – Sprayed model with Krylon Gray primer paint.
- 07/18/2008 – Sanded model with 400 grit sandpaper and wiped down with paper dowel. Spray painted body tube, nose cone and fins with Krylon #51510 Gloss White. Spray painted nose cone with Rust-oleum #7435 John Deere Green.
- 07/20/2008 – Masked body tube and spray painted tube fins with Rust-oleum #7435 John Deere Green.
- 07/21/2008 – Removed masking tape. Applied water slide decals as per photo card. Hand painted launch lugs with Testors #61147 Gloss Black. Took several pictures of completed rocket. This completes consruction of BMS clone of FSI Viking-1 model rocket.