Balsa Machining Services has cloned Estes Astron Invader. The Astron Invader is truly a unique boost-glider that gives top duration in flight after flight.
- Length – 11.8″
- Span – 8.7″
- Diameter – 0.736″
- Weight – 0.89 oz
- Recommended Motors
- 1/2A8-2, A8-3, B8-2
- Parts List
- Body Tube – BT-20J
- Nose Cone – Balsa BNC-20B
- Fin Stock – 4 Sheets – BFS-20
- Fin Stock – 1 Sheet – BFS-40S
- Nose Cone Weight – NCW – 1
- Balancing Weight – NCW – 3
- Launch Lug – LL-2B
- Pattern Sheet – SP-19
- 05/22/2008 – Purchased BMS Astron Invader #K-19 Clone from BMS for $7.00 (Retail $7.00).
- 02/03/2022 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned all components except body tube, launch lug and clay.
- 02/04/2022 – Measured components and recorded them on pages 94, 96, and 98 of Model Rocket Notes Book #4.
- 02/11/2022 – Glued right & left wing to main wing with Yellow Glue and at an angle determine by use of Dihedral Brace. Sanded 3 of the rudder edges round. Sanded bottom edge at an 80 degree angle. Glued rudders to disk so it covers entire length.
- 02/12/2022 – Glued Keel and Skit pieces together. Glued engine pylons to MMT reference lines. Filleted fin MMT joints. Glued Keel to bottom of Disk in middle of disk. When glue dried, filleted the joints with Yellow Glue. Glued MMT assemble to disk in middle at top with pylon at front edge of disk and filleted joints. Took pictures of completed Astron Invader BMS Clone. This model still requires paint and decal.