Sunward 00 004
This skill level 2 model rocket has a unique fin structure and makes this a different kind of model rocket. Balsa fins are laser cut.
- Length: 24.5″
- Diameter: 1.3″
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- B6-2, B6-4, C5-3, C6-5, C6-7
- Parts List
- Body Tube – BT-55 x 18″ White Cardboard
- Nose Cone – Plastic BT-55 x 7.5″ with 1″ Shoulder
- Centering Rings – 0.33″ x 1.291″ x 0.7585″ Green Cardboard
- Thrust Ring – 0.1835″ x 0.697″ x 0.5335″ Cardboard
- Shroud Line – 0.01″ x 138″ White String
- Engine Tube – 2.5″ x 0.7300″ x 0.6720″ Brown Cardboard
- Engine Hook
- Launch Lug – 2.5″ x 1/8″ White Paper
- Parachute – 18″ Plastic
- Reinforcement Tabs
- Parachute Reinforcement Rings
- Shock Cord – 1/4″ x 35″ x 0.195″ White Elastic
- Balsa Wood Fin Sheet – Laser Cut
- Decal Sheet
- 09/15/2021 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned components. Measured components and recorded in Book #3 Page 86.
- 09/22/2021 – Glued thrust ring even with forward end of motor mount tube. Marked motor mount tube 1/4″ from each end and glued centering ring. Filleted joints. Cut tube marking guide from copy and marked body tube with a 5″ long fin line. Moved template and marked launch lug line 5″ from aft end for a length of 2″. Cut out six reinforcement fin tabs and glued to fins. Cut shock cord mount from copy.
- 09/23/2021 – Placed motor into motor mount tube and screwed engine holder into aft centering ring until it touches motor. Glued fins and reinforcement tabs along fin guide lines even with aft end of body tube. Glued aft end of motor mount assembly even with body tube. Glued shock cord into mount. Glued shock cord mount assembly inside body tube at least 1-1/2″ from forward end.
- 09/24/2021 – Glued and filleted launch lug to body tube. Tied a Kevlar cord through Nose Cone ring and then to end of shock cord. Model is now ready for primer and paint.