Semroc Model #KV-7
The Centuri Arcon was first released in 1962 as a 1/8 scale model. This early version used a ST-7 body tube and was 16″ tall. The model was the Centuri $KB-2 with a price of $1.50 and was sold from 1962 through 1964. In 1965, the Arcon was changed to a 1/6 sca;e ,pde; based pm tje ST-10 body tube and was released as Centuri #KC-1 at a price of $2.25. This kit is based on the later version. In 1971, the balsa nose cone was changed to plastic and the same year the Arcon was discontinued. The Arcon was a popular entry level semi scale model. The Arcon is updated with precision laser cut fins. The dimensions of the KC-1 version are maintained with a balsa nose cone. The original rubber shock cord is replaced with an elastic cord for longer life. The original method of attaching the shock cord has been replaced by a Kevlar cord for greater reliability. An engine hook is also added for ease of changing the engine.
- Length: 20.00″
- Diameter: 1.04″
- Weight:1.25 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Fin Span: 4.8″
- Nose Cone: Balsa
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-5
- 10/27/2004 – Purchased Semroc Arcon from Semroc for $11.50 (Retail $11.50).
- 01/14/2008 – Took pictures of package and components.
- 01/15/2007 – Scanned components. Measurements recorded on page 50 Book #3.
- 01/16/2007 – Tied a loop in one end of Kevlar cord and over one end of engine clip. Pushed the end of engine clip into slit in the motor mount tube. Pushed on centering ring over the tube and up to the loop. Pushed the other centering ring to within 1″ from opposite end of tube. Filleted centering ring joints.
- 01/17/2007 – Glued motor mount inside main body tube aligning both tubes flush with each other. .
- 01/18/2007 – Sanded fins to shape and glued them onto guide lines laid on body tube. Filleted fin joints. Glued screw eyt to balsa tube coupler. Glued payload section to balsa tube coupler.
- 01/19/2007 – Glued launch lug 1″ from rear of model half way between two fins.