AEROTECH Model #89013
If you have never built a scale model before, the Tomahawk makes the perfect first project. Loaded with striking detail and E, F, and G power capable, this is one scale model that flies like a real sounding rocket
- Length: 41”
- Diameter: 1.9”
- Weight: 11oz
- Fins: 4
- Recommended Motors:
- RMS Motors: E18-7W, E11-5J, E28-7T, F24-7W, F12-5J, F39-6T, F35-8W, E16-7W, E23-5T, F40-10W, F22-7J, F52-8T, G53-7FJ, G64-10W, G71-10R, G76-10G
- SU Motors: E15-7W, E30-7T, F32-8T, F20-7W, F23-7FJ, F25-9W, F26-9FJ, F27-8R, F42-8T, F50-9T, G38-7FJ, G40-10W, G77-10R, G78-10G, G79-10W, G80-13T
- 12/18/1999 – Purchased Aerotech IQSY Tomahawk from HobbyLinc for $32.77 (Retail $47.95).
- 03/15/2002 – Opened kit and found decal missing. Requested replacement.
- 03/23/2002 – Inserted motor mount assembly into body tube and epoxied fins in place. Epoxied screw eye/bulk head assembly into tube coupler and then attached the other end of the shock cord to screw eye using tweezers.
- 03/25/2002 – Epoxied upper centering ring joint. Epoxied launch lugs to body tube. Epoxied tube coupler into upper payload section.
- 04/04/2002 –Filleted all four fin joints with epoxy. Awaiting paint and decals.
- 06/23/2003 – Sprayed entire model with Krylon Gray Primer.
- 10/20/2003 – Sanded model with 320 grit sandpaper and then 600 grit.
- 11/23/2003 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon Gloss White #1501.
- 12/28/2003 – Cleaned nose cone with damp towel and dried with paper towel. Masked the shoulder with 2″ masking tape before paintins nose cone with Krylon #2108 Gloss Banner Red.