AEROTECH Model #89002
The Initiator Systems Package is your basic introduction to big hobby rocketry. This comprehensive kit contains everything necessary to fly the big stuff! The starter kit includes the Initiator rocket kit, Mantis launch pad kit, Interlock launch controller kit and complete easy-to-follow illustrated instructions. The portable launch system is designed to fly the entire line of AeroTech rockets.
Itching to fly F and G motors? The Initiator is simply the best big rocket to build first. It features molded fins, beautiful color coordinated decals, and no-wadding ejection system. An impressive 3 feet tall, the Initiator is one gorgeous rocket.
- Length: 39″
- Diameter: 2.6″
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Fins: Plastic
- Recovery: 22″ Yellow Fabric Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- RMS Motors: E18-4W, E11-3J, E28-4T, F24-4W, F12-3J, F39-6T, F35-5W, E16-4W, E23-5T, F40-7W, F22-5J, F52-8T, G53-7FJ, G64-7W, G71-7R, G76-7G
- SU Motors: E15-4W, E30-4T, F32-4T, F20-4W, F23-4FJ, F25-6W, F26-6FJ, F27-4R, F42-4T, F50-6T, G38-7FJ, G40-7W, G77-7R, G78-7G, G79-7W, G80-10T
- Parts List
- Motor Adaptor Tube – 0.998″ OD x 0.953″ ID x 4-7/8″
- Adaptor Rings – 1.139″ x 0.995″ x 0.404″ x 0.069″
- “E” Spacer Tube – 2-1/8″ x 0.945″ x 0.804″
- Thrust Ring – 1.1345″ x 0.993″ x 0.435″ x 0.065″”
- Thrust Ring Flange – 1.1225″ x 0.806″ x 0.065″
- Motor Tube – 1.233″ OD x 1.137″ ID x 12″
- Motor Hook
- Fin-Lok Rings – 1.365″ x 1.230″ x 0.529″
- Centering Rings 2.559″ x 1.239″ x 0.095″
- Cooling Mesh
- Ejection Gas Baffle
- Screw Eye
- Black Elastic Shock Cord – 3/8″ x 8′
- Body Tube 2.630″ x 2.562″ x 24″
- Launch Lugs
- Nose Cone
- Self Adhesive Decal Sheet
- Parachute – 22″
- “F” Spacer Tube – 1″ x 1.136″ x 1″
- 04/09/1999 – Purchased Aerotech Initiator Starter RMS Kit from HobbyLinc for $110.39 (Retail $170.95).
- 02/24/2002 – Took pictures of components and downloaded them to computer..
- 02/26/2002 – Took more pictures of parts and downloaded to computer. Constructed the engine adapter by gluing the adapter rings to the adapter tube. One ring was flush with end of tube while the other ring was 3/4″ away from end of tube. Used loctite Quick Tite Savory Glue. Gut a slit 4-5/8″ from rear of engine mount tube and inserted motor hook into slit. Epoxied inside motor hook to tube. Placed fin locks to tube and fitted fins to them. Then glued one entering ring to front fin lok and glued fin lok to motor mount tube. Epoxied the back fin lok only on the front side. Inserted cooling mesh into front end of motor tube. Slit motor tube at 4 locations 1/4″ long at 90 degrees to each other. Epoxied baffle to front of motor tube. Screwed screw eye to baffle.
- 02/22/2002 – Epoxied motor mount tube into body tube. Snapped fins into fin lok and epoxied them. Epoxied launch lugs into body tube slits. Tied nose cone to shock cord.
- 03/07/2002 – Epoxied fin and fin lok joints. Epoxied rear centering ring into body tube against the motor tube fin lok assembly. Epoxied the centering ring joints of forward and rear centering rings.
- 04/06/2002 – Epoxied fin body tube joints and launch lug joints. Model is now ready for paint and decals.
- 06/27/2003 – Cleaned model with damp rag to get dust and dirt off model. Spray painted with Gray Primer.
- 10/11/2003 – Sanded primer with 400 grit sandpaper, wipe dust off with shop rag and sanded with 600 grit sandpaper. After wiping dust again, dampened a sponge and wiped down model with water and dried it with a towel. Painted fins and body tube with Krylon #1501 Gloss White. Spray painted nose cone Red with Krylon #2101.
- 10/17/2003 – Cut out and trimmed self adhesive decals. Applied white decals to red rocket body and fins. Took pictures of model. This completes construction of the Aerotech Initiator Model Rocket #89002. This is the first Aerotech model I have completed.