CUTSTOM Model #10006
The Lamprey was one of the kits that Custom released around 1992 as part of their “second wave” of kits. This a rather sharp looking design, even thought it’s your basic 3FNC model. The Lamprey, named after an eel, last appeared in the Custom Rockets catalog in 1998. The Lamprey was supposed to resemble some sort of air-to-air missile. It was presented in an industry-standard plastic bag with a cardboard header.
- Length: 18″
- Diameter: 1.305″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B4-2, B4-4, B6-2, B6-4, C6-5
- 01/30/1999 – Purchased Custom Lamprey from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $7.64 (Retail $8.49).
- 02/02/2001 – Opened package and found all parts included. Measured motor mount tube at 3/4″, 2″ and 2-1/2″. Made a 1/8″ slot at 2-1/2″ mark.
- 02/03/2001 – Inserted engine retainer hook into slot. Held it in place with masking tape and glued centering rings over the 3/4″ and 2″ marks. Marked the body tube for fin and launch lug locations. Glued fins in place. Filleted fin joints. Glued engine mount to body tube. Cut out shock cord mount from copy and glued shock cord into it. Mounted it inside body tube. Glued launch lug and filleted joints.
- 09/21/2002 – Removed dust and dirt. Sprayed Krylon #1501 Glossy White as the first coat of paint.
- 10/05/2002 – Painted rear of rocket Red.
- 10/08/2002 – Painted upper body White and Nose Cone Black.
- 10/17/2002 – Cut out waterslide decals and applied to model. This completes construction of Custom Lamprey model rocket #10006.