ESTES Model #7257
Mini engine powered but WOW, will this rocket go high! 375 feet! Tiny but mighty, the Airborne Surveillance Missile in making its reintroduction from years gone by. A very popular kit in back in the 80’s, we expect no less today!
- Length: 11.3″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 0.9 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decals: Water Slide
- Recovery: 9″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A3-4T, A10-3T
- 11/29/2019 – Purchased Estes Airborne Surveillance Missile from Estes for $4.97 (Retail $16.99).
- 11/07/2019 – Took pictures of package.
- 07/18/2020 – Opened package, took pictures and scanned components. Cut marking guide from a copy. Also cut shock cord mount from copy. Marked the smaller body tube at 2-1/8″, 3-1/4″ and 3-1/2″ Glued the centering rings at the forward edge of body tube and 3-1/2″ mark. Glued the slotted ring at the 3-1/4″ position. The green ring was glued at the 2-1/8″ mark. The engine block was glued 1/4″ from the forward end. All joints were filleted.
- 02/18/2020 – Glued fins along guide lines on small and larger body tubes after rounding leading edges. Glued dowel rods cut to size between green slotted centering ring. Used a Q-tip to apply glue. Measured distance from fin to green ring and cut towel rod to the length. Glued four lower fins to larger body tube. Glued and screwed screw eye into balsa nose cone.
- 02/18/2020 – Cut remaining dowel rods and glued to lower body tube. Glued smaller forward fins 1″ from forward end. Glued launch lug to joint of fins on larger body tube.
- 02/19/2020 – Glued smaller body tube into larger body tube.