ESTES Model #7230
Are you ready for the hottest rocket going this year? With a 12.8 inch wingspan, the Estes Conquest is sure to fill the bill!
A challenge to build, this Skill Level 5 kit will be well worth your time.
You will be the envy of the flying field when you show up to launch the Conquest so be ready!
- Length: 28.6″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Wing Span: 12.8″
- Weight: 5.5 oZ.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decals: Waterslide
- Altitude: 1100′
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-3, E12-4
- 11/29/2019 – Purchased Estes Conquest from Estes for $8.75 (Retail $34.99)
- 12/07/2019 – Took pictures of package.
- 01/30/2020 – Opened package and took pictures of components.
- 01/31/2020 – Scanned instructions, picture card, and components. Cut out tube marking guide and shock cord mount from a copy.
- 08/14/2020 – Glued intake parts J, S, R and K, R. together.
- 08/15/2020 – Glued intake part L to R.
- 08/16/2020 – Glued intake part M to R.
- 08/17/2020 – Glued intake parts N, M, O, P and Q to L.
- 08/18/2020 – Sanded bottom of intake to shape of body tube. Sanded tip of intake bottom round. Prepared engine mount assembly. Marked engine mount tube at 1″ and 3-1/4″ from aft end. Glued and filleted other side of aft centering ring.
- 08/19/2020 – Filleted forward centering ring joint. Cut nose cone and nozzle from plastic parts set G. Glued tail cone parts HH, FF, and HH together. Glued all W pieces together. Glued W to BB. Sanded forward end of intake even with sides.
- 08/20/2020 – Glued tail cone assembly to HH. Sanded U and Y edges at 85 degree angle. Glued together an set with CC form.
- 08/21/2020 – Sanded DD and Z at 85 Degree angle and glued together with aid of form CC.
- 08/22/2020 – Rounded tail fin and W balsa parts. Marked main body tube.
- 08/23/2020 – Cut both wing tips from each wing and re-glued into correct orientation. Glued wing halves together.
- 08/24/2020 – Sanded wing edges round. Removed and re-glued tail cone. Glued tail section to HH. Glued tail cone section to B1. Glued air intake to body tube. Glued second air intake to body tube. Glued shock cord to mount and inside forward end of body tube by at least 2″. Tied shock cord to nose cone. Cut launch lug in half and glued one at 1/2″ and one at 7″ from aft end of body tube along launch lug reference line.
- 08/25/2020 – Filleted launch lug joints. Marked missile body tube. Glued GG to missiles. Glued engine mount assembly into aft end of main body tube.
- 08/26/2020 – Put clay into nose cone. Glued X on wing. Glued EE to body tube.