For the Payloader II, Estes went back to the archives, pulled up old drawings and spec sheets and recreated this popular rocket that first soared onto the scene in the 1970’s. A clear payload section is just an added bonus to this great "Classic" making an appearance for the first time in many years. From the Skill Level 1 Series, in just a few short hours you’ll be launching just about anything you can think of in the clear payload section 1,000 feet into the sky.
- Length: 17″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.2 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Nose Cone: Balsa
- Decals: Waterslide
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-5
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes Payloader II from Estes for $2.69 (Retail $21.79).
- 05/29/2020 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned plans and components.
- 05/30/2020 – Sanded balsa sheet. Measurements are on page 64 Book#4. Made copy of page 2 of plans on card stock and fut out shock cord mount and body tube marking guide. Glued dorsal fin to main fin.
- 05/31/2020 – Marked motor mount tube at 1″ and 2-1/2″. Cut a 1/8″ slit at the 2-1/2″ mark and inserted engine hook. Glued engine hook retainer over retainer at the 1″ mark. Marked fins and launch lug guidelines. Glued fins to body tube.
- 06/01/2020 – Filleted fin joints. Glued motor mount assembly tube even with body tube aft end. Glued screw eye into balsa bulkhead. Glued bulkhead into clear payload section. Glued launch lug 2-1/2″ from aft end of body tube. Cemented clear payload tube to bulkhead. Glued and screwed screw eye into bulkhead. Added tape to shoulder of nose cone and inserted it into forward end of clear payload tube. Tied other end of shock cord to screw eye in bulkhead.