ESTES Model #2422
Shine beams of light from this rocket! The Reflector by Estes features a huge payload section intended for heavy duty lifting on standard engines. With its unique shape and squared fin design, this rocket will join a long list of popular Estes payload rockets.
The Reflector stands over 20 inches tall and flies on standard Estes engines. The immense payload section is over an inch in diameter and can be filled with all sorts of fun things from bugs to small action figures. Try some hard candy and see how high your rocket flies. As a science experiment, see how your payload withstands a suborbital journey when boosted to cloud base.
This easy to build kit features our high quality body tubes, a wood nose cone, laser cut wood fins and easy to apply waterslide decals. After being launched to over 750 feet high, recovery of your space cargo is accomplished on a colorful 12 inch preassembled parachute. The Reflector is a perfect choice for the first time payload rocket builder!
- Length: 20.25″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 2.1 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Altitude” 750′
- Decals: Waterslide
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood.
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6 -5
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes Reflector from Estes for $3.39 (Retail $23.99).
- 03/29/2018 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned parts and instructions.
- 04/02/2018 – Measured components and recorded on page 22 Book #4. Installed engine hook at 1-1/2″ from afte end and into a 1/8″ motor mount tube slit. Glued green adaptor ring over engine hook at 1″ mark. Glued engine block into forward end of motor mount tube. Cut tube marking guide and shock cord mount from a copy. Glued four fins to body tube along fin reference lines.
- 04/03/2018 – Filleted fin joints. Glued launch lug standoff to body tube and then glued launch lug to standoff. Glued motor mount tube even with end of body tube.
- 04/04/2018 – Glued shock cord to mount and then inside forward end of body tube about 1-1/2″.
- 04/13/2021 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon white primer.