ESTES Model #1350
Estes took the basic Interceptor from years ago, bumped up the size and added several heavy duty, molded and laser cut parts to improve assembly and durability of this mega rocket. While impressive and as large as it is, this rocket is a fairly easy build, yet still retains the classic look of its smaller brother!
The kit has many assembly upgrades to make building this impressive model easier than you might think. New features include laser cut balsa fins, a highly detailed blow molded nose cone and molded plastic engine centering rings specifically designed to handle the increased power. Nicely detailed, two piece molded wing pods, molded plastic space antennae and a super detailed plastic engine exhaust outlet round out the product. After painting, you can finish this beauty off with two sheets of upsized, accurately reproduced waterslide decals. All these upgrades make for a spectacular building and flying experience!
- Length: 39″
- Diameter: 2.0″
- Weight: 13.5 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decals: Water Slide
- Wing Span: 11.25″
- Recovery: 24″ Nylon Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- E9-4, E15-4W, F12-3J, F24-7W, F20-7W
- 02/09/2008 – Purchased Estes #1350 Interceptor E from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $29.99 (Retail $49.99).
- 02/09/2008 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned in some components.
- 02/12/2008 – Took measurements and recorded in Book #3 Page 92.