Saturn V model rocket with limited edition Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Module. Exceptional 1:100 scale model. All new highly detailed plastic parts
- Length: 43.25″
- Diameter: 3.94″
- 2- 24″ Parachute
- 1-18″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 01/09/2020 – Took pictures of package, plans, decal and components.
- 02/29/2020 – Took additional pictures of package and contents.
- 03/01/2020 – Marked center line on main body tube and third stage body tube and engine mount. Marked engine mount at 1/4″, 1″, 2-1/2″ and 8-1/8″ from aft end. Also marked motor mount tube 1/8″ from forward end. Applied Harbor Freight Epoxy Super Wield to aft end of motor mount tube for attachment of retention ring. Did not install engine block or retainer hook. Glued aft centering ring to motor mount tube just behind retainer ring. Filleted centering ring joint. Glued second centering ring at 8-1/8″ mark and filleted the joints. Glued and filleted third centering ring at 1/8″ forward end mark. Glued motor mount assembly 3-1/2″ from aft end. Filleted forward and aft centering rings.
- 03/02/2020 – Filleted forward centering ring joints. Glued ring onto main body tube coupler. Tied line 5″ into the holes in the die cut ring. Glued ring assembly to end of tube coupler.
- 03/03/2020 – Cut out shock cord mount and LEM reduction wrap and glued ends together. Wrap would not fit upper body tube therefore it was cut off.
- 03/04/2020 – Cut out a new wrap from file folder material. Made it a little bigger that the original. Glued it to both body tubes. Removed plastic nozzle halves from the plastic tree and cemented each together to form a nozzle. Removed nozzles from free and cemented them together to make five nozzles. Using plastic glue, glued them to a cardboard disc. Glued spacer tube to top of disc. Cut main body tube lower wrap to size.
- 03/11/2020 – Cut out vacuum formed wraps.
- 03/13/2020 – Cut out last two wraps and trimmed all wraps to size.
- 03/18/2020 – Glued inner ring 11/16″ from rear of main body tube. Cemented fin halves together.