NCR Model #9202
The Lance Delta™ represents the continuing evolution of the Army’s Lance tactical surface to surface missile system. The Delta version includes upgrades that increase range and maneuverability.
This classic NCR design, updated with modern techniques, features laser-cut plywood fins, colorful decals, laser-cut slotted tubes, plywood centering rings, and the heavy duty Gorilla™ shock cord system.
- Length: 47″
- Diameter: 2.64″
- Weight: 18.7 oz.
- Fin: 4 Wooden
- Recovery: 24 – 36″ Parachute
- 04/200/2013 – Purchased NCR Lance Delta from Apogee Components for $59.99 (Retail $59.99)
- 07/09/2013 – Took pictures of package and components. Measured components and recorded on page 128 Book #3.
- 11/06/2013 – Marked motor mount tube along length on two opposite sides. Marked line around end of tube 1/2″. Using thick CA, attached on centering ring alignment key to motor mount tube along one of the centering lines.
- 11/07/2013 – CA’s the other centering ring alignment key on the opposite motor mount centering line. Epoxied aft end centering ring joint. Epoxied forward centering ring to motor mount tube. J-B welded 29mm retainer to aft end of motor mount tube
- 11/15/2013 – Installed recovery steel cable by crimping the end of the loop around the forward centering ring holes.
- 11/16/2013 – Formed another loop on opposite end of cable and secured it with a crimp and epoxy.
- 11/22/2013 – Dry fit motor mount tube into main body tube. removed it and applied two ton duco epoxy to areas where the centering rings will contact the inside surface of the body tube. Inserted the motor mount assembly aligning the body tube slots with the centering ring.
- 11/23/2013 – Epoxied 2 fins to motor mount tube through body tube slots.
- 11/24/2013 – Epoxied other 2 fins to motor mount tube through body tube slots.
- 11/27/2013 – Drilled 1/4″ hole into bulk plate center and installed an eye bolt, washer and nut.
- 11/28/2013 – Marked tube coupler midway and attached the bulkhead with the eye bolt pointing aft. Epoxied it in place. Reinforced bulkhead joint and both motor mount joints with epoxy. Epoxied coupler into upper body tube section. Filleted the outside bulk plate joint. Filleted 3 of 4 fin joints.
- 11/29/2013 – Epoxied last fin to upper body tube. Filleted joints.
- 12/01/2013 – Painted model several times with Krylon Gloss White spray paint.
- 10/03/2014 – Applied self adhesive decals. Added several extra decals not shown in the picture. Could not find the black blocks shown in the picture so used the orange extras. This completes construction of NCR Lance Delta mid power model rocket #9202.
|12/14/2014||Sim’s Farm||BS88||G106||Skidmark motor launched from relay pad.|
|12/14/2014||Sim’s Farm||BS88||H87||Good Flight.|