NCR Model #3506
The Lance Beta represents the continuing evolution of the Army’s Lance tactical surface to surface missile system. The Beta version includes upgrades that increase range and maneuverability, allowing the missile to evade interceptors and deliver its warhead precisely on target.
- Laser cut plywood fins and centering rings for precision parts
- Through the wall fins for rock-solid fin mounting
- Laser cut alignment jig for easy a ssembly of the wing and ramjet tubes
- Plastic nose cone for easy finishing
- Gorilla™ steel cable shock cord mount for maximum strength and durability
- Kevlar®/Elastic shock cord mount for maximum recovery reliability
- A true 29mm diameter motor tube
- 2 detailed black & orange (on clear) decal sheets to provide a realistic vehicle decoration
- Detailed instructions with color photos for easy assembly
- 12/01/1997 – Received NCR Lance Beta mid power model rocket for birthday present. Model was purchased from Hobby Lobby in Monroe, LA for $59.88.
- 12/25/1997 – Received F62-6 motor as a Christmas present. Motor was purchased from Hobby Lobby in Monroe, LA for $11.85.
- 04/12/1978 – Construction was started.
- 04/25/1998 – Painted total rocket with several coats of Krylon #1502 Flat White spray paint. Made a stand that has a 1-1/8″ dowel rod to hold model. Model was placed in shed to allow paint to dry.
- 04/29/1998 – Construction was finished.
- 07/27/2004 – Repair – Nose cone repair was not possible due to missing plastic in the base. Therefore the nose cone from the Big Daddy kit will be used to replace the broken nose cone. To prepare the nose cone, it must be weighted. Since the weight of clay added to nose cone is unknown, will weight the old nose.
- 08/31/2004 – Repair – Added 1.95 oz of clay to new nose cone.
- 12/18/2020 – Repair – Cut off 6-1/2″ of forward body tube including forward fins. Removed four forward fins. Cut a new 3″ body tube to a length of 6-1/2″ for replacement.
- 12/22/2020 – Repair – Marked replacement body tube with 4 fin reference lines. Sanded old finish and epoxy from old fins with dremel tool and sanding drum. Epoxied 2 fins onto reference lines. Epoxied last two fins to last two reference lines. Filleted fin joints with epoxy. A 3″ body tube coupler is needed to joint the body tube replacement assembly to the top of the lance beta.