Received 3-Demon rocket kit from 3D Rocketry as a gift from Dennis Stevens at ThunderStruck on April 06, 2013. Retail cost was $41.00.
- Length: 29″
- Diameter: 3″
- Weight: 18 oz.
- Recovery: Parachute
- Altitude: 1750′
- Recommended Motors
- F10-4, F15-4, F20-4, F25-6, F60-6, F80-5, G40-7, G60-5, G80-7
- Parts List:
- Nose Cone – 11-1/4″ Long Ogive Plastic
- Airframe Tube – 3″ x 17″ Fiber
- Motor Mount Tube – 7″ x 29mm
- Fins – Three 3/16″ Birch thru the wall.
- Fin Trim – 3/16″ Balsa
- Centering Rings – 3/16″ Plywood
- Launch Lug – 3″ x 1/4″
- 04/06/2013 – Received kit as gift from Dennis Stevens.
- 08/15/2013 – Took pictures and measurements of components and recorded in Book #3 Page 130. Formed trim pieces. Sanded inside hole of forward centering ring so 1/4″ x 70″ elastic shock cord would fit between centering ring and motor mount tube with shock cord placed through notch. Allowed 2-Ton Clear Epoxy 30 minute, Epoxy to cure. Cut out fin slot/launch lug template from a copy and taped it to body tube. Recut the fin alignment template to match the slot template. The excess black end areas required removal. Cut slot into body6 tube sustainer and smoothed edges with sandpaper. Checked the fit using fins and adjusted cuts so fins would fit snug.
- 08/16/2013 – Applied epoxy to forward edge of slots inside body tube using a wooden dowel rod and pushed forward centering ring into epoxy above fin slots. Put a couple of 1/2″ masking tape strips over edges of centering ring and pushed it into the aft end of the body tube over the motor mount tube so tabs could be used to pull out centering ring after epoxy cures. Removed aft centering ring and epoxied three fin root edges onto the motor mount through the slots. Filleted the fin/motor mount and fin body tube joints with epoxy.
- 08/17/2013 – Epoxied aft centering ring against the aft end of the fins. Sanded plastic flash from nose cone. Allowed epoxy to cure overnight. Epoxied retainer to motor mount tube aft end.
- 08/18/2013 – Epoxied trim pieces for the fins to fin/body tube joint. Cut 3″ launch lug into equal pieces and epoxied one at aft end of body tube and other 7-1/2″ from aft end along launch lug reference line. Filleted launch lug/body tube joints with epoxy.
- 08/25/2013 – Primed model with Gray Krylon Primer S0pray paint #1318. Allowed primer to dry. Sanded entire model with 220 grit sandpaper. Wiped off dust with dry rag and spray painted the nose cone, body tube and fins with Krylon Gloss White #5150 Spray Paint.
|12/14/2014||Sims Farm||BS88||F36 BS||Chute did not deploy. Fin broke upon landing. Repair is possible.|