Rocketarium Model #1030-21
The Sandia Corporation did research for the Atomic Energy Commission in the 1950’s to develop nuclear weapons. The Sandhawk was one of the rockets used for this research. It was flown in single stage and two-stage configurations. This is the single stage version.
A mid-power rocket for super-sized fun!
- Length: 37.3″ (94 cm)
- Diameter: 1.64″ (42 mm)
- Weight: 5.8 oz. (165 g)
- Motor Mount: 24 mm
- Recovery System: 18″ Pre-assembled Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- Estes® Single-Use: D12-5, E12-6
- Aerotech® Single-Use: E15-7, E30-7, F30-6, F32-6
- Aerotech® RMS 24/40: D15-5, E18-5, F12-5, F39-6
- Pro24®: E22-6, E31-6
- 12/25/2010 – Received for Christmas Present Rocketarium Sandhawk from Matt purchased from Amazon for $24.95 (Retail $32.95). Opened package.
- 12/26/2010 – Took pictures of package and scanned in components.
- 12/27/2020 – Glued one coupler so 1/4″ remains outside aft end of Motor Mount Assembly Tube. Glued second coupler so it butts up against the first one. Cut 1/8″ slot 3-11/16″ from aft end of motor mount tube and inserted motor retainer clip. Glued motor retainer ring over clip at 1-1/4″ mark from aft end of motor mount tube. Glued lower centering ring 1/4″ from aft end of motor mount tube and upper centering ring just over the forward end of the retainer clip. Filleted centering ring joints.
- 12/28/2020 – Glued engine block into forward end of motor mount tube. Glued motor mount tube assembly into motor mount coupler tube assembly. Glued baffle tube disk with eye screw into baffle tube and glued other baffle tube disk into other end of baffle tube. Marked baffle tube assembly midway and then glued baffle tube assembly into forward end of main body tube with the screw eye pointed forward.
- 11/28/2022 – Sanded fins with yellow sanding board.
- 11/29/2022 – Spray painted with Rust-oleum #327874 Gloss White the upper portion of body tube, nose cone and fins. Respray painted fins with Rust-oleum #327874 Gloss White.
- 10/27/2023 – Masked all but one fin. Spray painted one fin with Rust-oleum #328374 High Gloss Black.