Estes Model #2440
Conjure up some special, space magic with the Magician! No tricks up anyone’s sleeve here, just a super high performance payload model rocket. The talented Estes rocket shop designers have spun their magic to create an enormous, supersized payload rocket. The Magician can handle all the power you put in the motor tube to send it on a magical mystery tour of the atmospheric kind!
A Skill Level 3 rocket, this kit comes with a high quality balsa nose cone, laser cut balsa fins and waterslide decals. Designed to be flown on D or E engines, this rocket will scream off the launch pad to heights over 1,600 feet. Getting this illusionist back to earth is magically accomplished on a colorful preassembled 18 inch parachute.
- Length: 33.5″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
- Nose Cone: Balsa
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Altitude: 1600′
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-5, E9-6
- 08/21/2010 – Purchased Estes Magician from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $13.19 (Retail $21.99).
- 08/22/2010 – Took pictures of package.
- 11//06/2014 – Glued both centering ring 1″ from each end of 24mm engine tube. Filleted joints.
- 11/07/2014 – Glued motor mount assembly int body tube. Glued dowel rod marked with proper guide lines. Removed balsa parts and sanded edges and faces with 200 and then 400 grit sandpaper. Attached all three fins to body tube. Cut launch lug in half and sanded the cut edges. Glued the fin placement balsa guide and then used it to space the fins around the body tube.
- 11/08/2014 – Filleted one set of fins joints.
- 11/10/2014 – Filleted the second set of fin joints.
- 11/11/2014 – Filleted the third set of fin joints.
- 11/12/2014 – Glued launch lugs to body tube and filleted joints.
- 11/13/2014 – Filleted other set of launch lug and fin joints. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside forward end of body tube.