This cool looking rocket looks good in the hanger but screams to be out flying.
- Length: 16.75″
- Diameter: 1.0″
- Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Altitude: 600′
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes Screamin’ Eagle from Estes for $5.69 (Retail $20.79).
- 08/01/2007 – Removed balsa parts from balsa sheets. Marked engine mount tube 1/4″ and 1″ from end of motor tube. Cut 1/8″ slot at 1/2″ from forward end of engine mount tube. Glued engine block into forward end of motor mount tube. Glued one centering ring 1″ from aft end and other centering ring even with forward edge of engine clip. Filleted centering ring joints. Cut 1/4″ wide shock cord at least two rocket lengths long. Glued shock cord to motor mount. Cut out a copy of the tube marking guide and marked body tube.
- 08/03/2007 – Using wax paper, glued lower wing sections together and beveled each 45 degrees at the root edge.
- 08/04/2007 – Glued missiles together. Glued air intakes together. Glued air intakes to wings.
- 09/04/2007 – Glued fins to body tube. Filleted fin joints.
- 08/09/2007 – Sprayed model with gray primer.
- 08/23/2007 – Sprayed entire model with Krylon Gloss Smoke Gray.