Launch and listen t this amazing screamin’ rocket. The Screamin’Mini rocket whistles while flying. It is powered by Estes C11 and D engines
- Length: 25.5″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 5.3 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Die cut balsa
- Altitude: 752′
- Recommended Motors:
- C11-3, D12-5, D12-7
- 02/25/2003 – Purchased Estes Screamin’ Mimi from HobbyLobby for $9.09 (Retail $12.99)
- 06/24/2003 – Took pictures of bag and contents. Scanned fins, whistle, nose cone, rings, decal and plans. Measured components and recorded on page 72 & 74 of Book #2. Marked engine tube 1/2″from rear and 1-3/4″ and 1/4″ from forward end. Cut a 1/8″ slot for engine clip. Inserted clip then glued retainer ring over clip at 1-3/4″ mark. Glued rear centering ring. Glued green engine block inside forward end of engine tube. Glued forward centering ring in front of engine hook and filleted joints. Sanded fin edges Cut out body tube marking guide and shock cord mount. Using body tube marking guide, marked the main body tube and extended the lines the length of the body tube. Cemented whistle spacer ring to each whistle. Cemented whistle tubes to whistles.
- 06/25/2003 – Glued motor mount assembly inside body tube. Glued whistle fins to whistle tubes. Glued lower fins to body tube.
- 06/26/2003 – Glued the four lower fins along the marking on the main body tube.
- 06/27/2003 – Filleted fin joints. Glued four whistle fins to the body tube marking lines. Glued launch lug 7″ from aft end of body tube.
- 06/28/2003 – Filleted joint and glued shock cord to its mount and then inside forward end of body tube at least 1″.
- 07/01/2003 – Coated fins with balsa filler.
- 07/04/2003 – Sanded balsa filler with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 07/10/2003 – Coated fins with second coat of balsa filler.
- 07/12/2003 – Sanded balsa filler with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 11/22/2003 – Masked the red nozzles on the whistle tubes and spray painted the entire model with Krylon Gloss White #1501.