ESTES Model #2122
No building required. Safe tumble recovery.
- Diameter: 6.5″
- Height: 3.5″
- Altitude: 100′
- Recommended Motors:
- 08/15/2002 – Purchased Estes #2122 Invader from Rocket Gals for $5.00 (Retail $8.39)
- 09/06/2002 – Opened kit. This ready to fly (RTF) kit only requires paint and application of decals. Took picture of parts and scanned the decal sheet. Had trouble reproducing the purple color of the decal sheet. They appeared black instead of purple. Re-scanned decal with Lexmark Z83 printer and it looks good. Painted the model Krylon Cherry Red #2102. Looks like the paint reacted with the Styrofoam. It appears bumpy.
- 09/21/2002 – Took final pictures of sorry paint job. The Krylon paint reacted with the Styrofoam creating a wrinkled effect. Not a good thing. This completes construction of Estes Invader model rocket # 2122.
- 02/10/2006 – Repair – Broke a fin upon landing. Recovered model and parts and determined it can be fixed. Decal in broken fin was partially removed.
- 02/14/2007 – Glued fin to main body tube.
- 02/15/2007 – Applied a light amount of water to fin and tacked loose decal. This completes repair of this model.