Huge Payload section hold an egg or other large payload. Three engine cluster design gives the power to boost it. Two
- Length: 23.5″
- Diameter: 1.637″
- Payload Diameter: 1.79″
- Weight: 2.8 oz.
- Recovery: 2 18″ Parachutes
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-5, B14-5
- 08/15/2002 – Purchased Estes Scrambler from Rocket Gals for $8.50 (Retail $13.59)
- 11/19/2002 – Opened box. Took pictures of contents. Scanned decal, fin, stand off, and nose cone.
- 11/20/2002 – Copied page 5 of instructions and cut out shock cord mount and body marking guide. Traced and measured components on page 36 Book #2.
- 11/21/2002 – Marked motor tube at 2-1/2″ and 1″ from aft end. Cut a slit 1/8″ long at 2-1/2″ mark. Inserted motor retainer into slot. Smeared glue in front of 1″ mark and slit retainer ring up to the mark. Measured rear centering ring with notch 1/16″ from aft end of motor tube and filleted it in place. Marked the other centering ring 1/2″ from forward end of motor tube and glued it in place. Filleted all centering ring joints. Glued motor mount tube assembly into body tube even with end of tubes. Applied a bead of glue around the rear centering ring at the body tube joint. Marked body tube with fin guide lines and launch lug. Glued all fins to the reference lines. Glued the launch lug to the standoff and then to the launch lug reference line.
- 11/22/2002 – Filleted fin and launch lug joints. Placed 18:” parachute and its components in storage due to the large inventory of completed parachutes currently on hand.
- 11/24/2002 – Painted fins and body tube Yellow. Painted ring Red.
- 07/19/2003 – Spray painted lower part Black.
- 07/26/2003 – Masked lower body tube and fins and spray painted forward area Krylon Gloss White.
- 07/28/2003 – Spray painted upper area Sun Yellow.
- 07/29/2003 – Sprayed a second coat of Sun Yellow.
- 08/02/2003 – Cut out self adhesive decals and applied to model using instructions on box as a guide. This completes construction of Estes Scrambler model rocket #2072.