High performing beginners rocket has self adhesive decals and quick release engine mount.
- Length: 12.5″
- Diameter: 0.736″
- Weight: 0.69 oz.
- Recovery: 1 x 18″ Streamer
- Altitude: 1500′
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5, B4-4, B4-6, B6-4, B6-6, B8-5, C6-5, C6-7
- 08/15/2002 – Purchased Estes Reliant form Rocket Gals for $3.00 (Retail $4.79)
- 11/09/2002 – Opened package. Took pictures of contents. Copied the tube marking guide and the shock cord mount. Cut out each. Marked the body tube 3mm from read edge. Cut 3mm slot for engine hook. Glued first and second fin to body tube.
- 11/10/2002 – Glued third fin to body tube along alignment line. Scanned fin, nose cone, decal, plans, and color card. Glued fourth fin on body tube and allowed to stand upright to dry. Tied snap swivel to streamer. Glued engine hook retainer ring in place. Added glue reinforcement to portion of engine retainer above ring. Allow glue to dry. Glued launch lug to body tube. Filleted third and fourth set of fin joints. Filleted launch lug joints. Tied shock cord to nose cone.
- 11/13/2002 – Spray painted model with tan primer.
- 11/24/2002 – Painted entire rocket Yellow.
- 06/27/2003 – Painted model with Gloss White.
- 07/28/2003 – Applied coat of Yellow to one fin.
- 07/29/2003 – Spray painted fin and nose cone Sun Yellow and later removed masking tape.
- 08/02/2003 – Cut out and applied self adhesive decals to model as per illustration on color panel. This completes construction of Estes model rocket #1986.