Sleek sounding rocket design with large payload section. Excellent performance for flights over 1000′. Perfect for insect payloads.
- Length: 18″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 1.3 oz.
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5, B4-4, B6-4, B8-5, C6-5, C6-7
- 05/25/2002 – Purchased Estes Polaris from Hobby Lobby in Greenwood, IN for $12.99 (Retail $13.79).
- 07/06/2002 – Opened kit and found all parts were included. Took pictures and scanned parts. Modified this model from 18mm to 24mm.
- 07/07/2002 – Made a copy of upper and lower tube marking guide and cut them out. To prepare modified motor mount, cut a 24mm motor tube from stock tubing to a length of 2-3/4″. Marked tube where engine block would fit, then cut the 1/8″ motor retainer slot just below it. Inserted hook of motor retainer into the slot. Sanded the tube adapters to fit the BT-50 body tube. Slipped the adapter over the holder by approximately 1″ and glued it in place. Cemented the nose cone base to the nose cone and then to the forward end of upper the body tube. Modified centering rings to fit larger 24mm motor tube and glued them to the motor mount tube. Filleted centering ring joints. Glued motor mount assembly into aft end of lower body tube. Glued launch lugs in line with engine holder on body tube. Glued one fin to lower body tube.
- 07/08/2002 – Tied snap swivel to parachute. Glued on remaining fins. Filleted fin joints. Glued launch lug 6″ from end along the launch lug guide line. Glued shock cord to mount and inside upper body tube.
- 07/08/2002 – Filleted launch lug joints. Tied shock cord to body tube adapter.
- 09/27/2002 – Applied Gloss White Krylon #1501 spray paint to model.
- 10/08/2002 – Painted entire model Blue
- 06/30/2007 – Touched up mouse bites in balsa fins with Krylon True Blue Spray Paint.