New mini motor E2X series all plastic rocket with streamer recovery. The kit included the two body halves, nose cone & insert, clay for nose weight, motor mount tube, retention hook, retainer ring, shock cord, streamer and decals.
- Length: 5.38″
- Diameter: 0.75″
- Weight: 0.67 oz.
- Recovery: Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/4A3-3T, 1/2A3-4T,A3-3T, A10-3T
- 05/24/2002 – Purchased Estes Freaky Flyer from Hobby Lobby in Greenwood, IN for $2.99 (Retail $3.49).
- 05/24/2002 – Opened kit bag and found all pieces were contained in kit. Took a few pictures of pieces.
- 05/25/2002 – Scanned decal and instructions.
- 05/26/2002 – Started construction of model. Cut a 1/8″ slit 1/8″ from end of motor mount tube, inserted motor retainer and glued the retainer ring over the engine retainer 1/2″ from the aft end. Stuffed clay into tip of green nose cone with the aid of a wooden dowel rod. Ran the shock cord through the slot and held it in place with a double knot in the end. Cemented the body halves together after placing the motor mount assembly into the body. Held the body together until the cement held it in place. Cemented the launch lug to the body. Removed decals and place the self adhesive decals on the body tube and nose cone as depicted by the pictures. Tied the free end of the shock cord to the nose cone. Using masking tape, taped the 1/2″ x 9-1/2″ orange streamer to the shock cord. This completes construction of Estes Freaky Flyer model rocket #1203.