This kit includes two mini rockets, a launcher, launch controller and two motors. The box doubles as a flight case.
- Space Hauler
- Length: 5.38″
- Diameter: 0.75″
- Weight: 0.67 oz.
- Space Bus
- Length: 5.25″
- Diameter: 1.0″
- Weight: 0.74 oz.
- Altitude: 700′
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/4A3-3T, 1/2A3-4T, A3-4T, A10-3T
- 06/12/2002 – Purchased Estes Super Shot mini Starter Set from Walmart in Seymour, IN for $9.96 (Retail $16.99)
- 06/13/2002 – Opened kit after taking pictures of box. Took a couple of pictures of stuff in plastic bags. All parts were in the kit.
- 06/19/2002 – Space Hauler – measured 1/2″ on one end and 1/8″ on other end of engine mount tube. Cut a 1/8″ slot on 1/8″ mark and inserted engine retainer. Applied yellow glue at 1/2″ mark and slit retaining ring over engine hook thru glue. Removed excess glue. Tied a double knot in the end of shock cord and inserted into body. Placed engine mount assembly into body half so engine hook would fit into slot. Using cement put the two halves together. Held in place until cement set. Placed 1/2 of clay into tip of nose cone. Cemented the nose shoulder into the nose cone and wiped away excess cement. Cemented the launch lug in place. tied the open end of shock cord to the nose cone base. Attached a snap swivel to streamer. This completes construction of Estes Space Hauler model rocket # 1431.
- 06/19/2002 – Space Bus – Marked the engine mount tube at 1/2″ from aft end and 1/8″ from forward end. on the forward end, cut a 1/8″ slot and inserted the motor retainer hook. Applied glue around the engine mount tube and slide the retainer ring thru the glue. Wiped off excess glue. Applied other half of clay to tip of nose cone. Cemented the nose cone base into the nose cone. Wiped off excess. Tied one end of shock cord in a double knot and inserted into body slot. Inserted the motor mount assembly into one half of the body tube and cemented the body tube together. Tied the nose cone to the other end of the shock cord. Attached a snap swivel to the streamer.
- 06/20/2002 – Scanned the decals and plans. Applied self adhesive decals as per picture on box. This completes construction of Estes Space Bus model rocket #1431.