ESTES Model #2199
This is a large rocket that uses a mylar balloon as its airframe (like a blimp), is powered by a 24mm motor, and recovers by parachute.
- Length: 88″
- Diameter: 5.75″
- Weight: 8 oz.
- Fin: Molded Plastic
- Recovery: 11′ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 10/20/2001 – Purchased Estes The Dude from Walmart in Seymour, IN for $19.95 (Retail $39.99)
- 10/21/2001 – Opened kit and found all part were in package.
- 10/22/2001 – Placed one drop of Testors #3512 Plastic Cement on the body ring which snaps in place. Had trouble with one support staying in place. Allowed glue to dry. Added drop of cement to fin and attached to engine mount for all three fins. Applied one drop of cement to upper ring support and cemented it to the top body tube through the slot. Held in place for one minute then did same for other two supports. Cemented the fin unit to the support cage.
- 10/23/2001 – Placed the fins into the cage channels and cemented them in place.
- 10/24/2001 – Inflated body, attached to cage structures. Taped launch lugs to body. Taped top ring to body. This completes construction of Estes The Dude model rocket #2199.