ESTES Model #2171
The Sizzler is just a really cool rocket.
- Length: 11.75″
- Diameter: 0.74″
- Weight: 0.8 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Die Cut Balsa
- Altitude: 1686′
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5,B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 05/07/2001 – Purchased Estes Sizzler from Hobbylinc for $6.19 (Retail $8.99)
- 12/05/2001 – Opened kit. Inventoried items and all were included. Scanned plans, decal and fins. Sanded fins to shape with emery cloth. Outline fin on page 102 Book #1. Cemented nose cone base to nose cone.
- 12/11/2001 – Printed tube marking guide in page 2 of plans and marked body tube fins, motor retainer, and launch lug. Rounded fins and glued onto body tube. Glued engine block 2-1/2″ into motor tube. Slit motor tube 1/8″ at 2-1/2″ and inserted engine retainer. Affixed retainer with ring abouot 1″ from rear of tube and over engine retainer wire . Filleted two fin joints.
- 12/12/2001 – Filleted remaining fin joints. Glued shock cord (1/8″ x 18″) to shock cord mount and then inside forward end of body tube at least 2″ and on same side as the engine retainer. Tied other end of shock cord to nose cone. Glued and filleted launch lug to body tube.
- 11/17/2002 – Painted designs on rocket fins and body tube with paint pens. Applied self adhesive decals. This completes construction of Estes Sizzler model rocket #2171.