ESTES Model #2177
Sleek, super spy plane! The Night Wing comes with precision die cut balsa parts that feature “slot and tab” design, a blow-molded nose cone and die cut card stock fuselage fairings.
- Length: 19″
- Wing Span: 9-1/2″
- Weight: 3.2 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Fin: Die Cut Balsa
- Altitude: 646′
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 02/20/2001 – Purchased Estes Night Wing from Hobbylinc for $13.69 (Retail $19.99)
- 01/14/2001 – Opened kit and found all parts were contained in the bag. Constructed engine mount by cuttin slit 1/8″ wide 1/4″ from the forward edge. Glued on centering ring 1-3/4″ from rear and other flush with forward end. Filleted rings.
- 11/18/2001 – Glued balsa parts together to make the main wing.
- 11/24/2001 – Made wing stand offs. Marked tube using body tube marking guide. Glued engine mount assembly into rear of body tube. “Attached wings to body tube.
- 11/26/2001 – Remove right wing and reglued it.
- 11/27/2001 – Filleted all four wing joints. Blued bottom paper section to body tube mark.
- 11/28/2001 – Glued edges of bottom paper to wings.
- 11/29/2001 – Glued top paper to body tube. Glued edges of top paper to wings an glued upper and bottom tabs forward fins.
- 11/30/2001 – Constructed bottom balsa piece and attached to bottom. used red putty to fill in slots. Glued top balsa piece together.
- 12/01/2001 – Glued top balsa piece to top of wing aligned with the bottom balsa piece. Filleted the joints. Glued fins to balsa piece in line with various other balsa pieces. Filleted all joints.
- 12/02/2001 – Cut out shock cord mount. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside forward edge of body tube by at least 2″. Tied other end of shock cord to nose cone.
- 09/28/2002 – Spray painted model with Krylon White #1501 as base coat.
- 10/22/2002 – Spray painted Wings and tip of nose cone Cherry Red.