ESTES Model #1903
The Estes’ Maxi Alpha 3 is a “super-sized” version of the Alpha model. Powered by a single D- or E-class engine, the Maxi Alpha 3 can reach heights of 700 feet!
- Length: 33.25″
- Diameter: 2.6″
- Weight: 6.6 oz.
- Fins: Plastic
- Decal: Self Adhesive
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-3, E9-4, E9-6
- 03/19/2001 – Purchased Estes Maxi Alpha 3 from bob Gelina for $22.62 (Retail $34.99)
- 12/27/2001 – Opened kit and found all pieces there. Scanned in plans, fin, centering rings, and engine block. Marked body tube coupler in half and glued into one of the body tubes. Inserted shock cord into centering ring and glued in place. Pushed the centering ring with shock cord up to the coupler and added glue to end of coupler then pushed the centering ring onto the end of the tube coupler. Filleted the grey ring joint. Assembled the fin can by inserting the rear ring, pushing the fins into the lower ring slot and over the upper edge of the tube. The upper ring was then pushed into the top of the body tube can and slide over the upper fin tabs. The motor mount was slide into the rear of the fin assembly until the rear centering ring was in position of the lower hing assembly. The upper centering ring was then slide down over the motor mount and affixed into the upper ring of the fin assembly. Filleted the upper ring joint and set aside to dry. Glued second body tube to the tube coupler. Tied shock cord to nose cone.
- 09/26/2002 – Cut out self adhesive decals and applied to model using the front picture card as a guide.
- 09/27/2002 – Painted nose cone Krylon Cherry Red #2101.
- 09/28/2002 – Painted body tube Krylon White #1501.
- 09/29/2002 – Retied the shock cord to the red nose cone. This completes construction of the Estes Maxi Alpha 3 model rocket #1903.
|06/12/2012||ADC Park||BS58||E9-6||Good Flight.|
|06/08/2013||Sod Farm||BS68||E9-4||Good flight but a medium walk to recover.|
|06/08/2013||Sod Farm||BS68||E9-4||Drag race with Ed but Ed’s did not ignite. Good Flight. Medium recovery.|
|03/09/2014||BS78||E9-4||Model hit the drive and broke apart. Might be able to fix.|