ESTES Model #2170
Flies with amazing speed and can fly to altitudes over 2000′.
- Length: 12.75″
- Diameter: 0.74″
- Weight: 1.0 oz.
- Fins: Die Cut Balsa
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5, B4-4, B6-4, B6-6, C6-5, C6-7
- 02/20/2001 – Purchased Estes Star Dart from Hobbylinc for $6.19 (Retail $8.99)
- 12/03/2001 – Kit was opened and inventory of parts taken. All parts were in kit. Scanned plans, decal and fin. Printed out pages 1 & 2 for copy of shock cord mount, and tube marking guide. Removed fins from balsa stock and sanded to shape . Wrapped marking guide around body tube and marked locations for fins and launch lug. Glued engine block into rear of body tube using yellow spacer tube as guide. Had trouble cutting engine retainer slit. Twice hit the engine block. Glued all three fins to body tube along guide lines. filleted fin joints. Gut out shock cord mount and glued shock cord to it. Glued mount assembly to inside forward end of body tube. Glued engine mount inside rear of body tube. Glued launch lug to model and filleted joints.
- 09/23/2002 – Spray painted model with Krylon #1601.
- 09/25/2002 – Used Krylon Gloss White #1501 as base coat.
- 11/17/2002 – Painted designs on rocket using paint pens.
- 11/18/2002 – Cut out self adhesive decal and applied to model. This completes construction of Estes Star Dart model rocket #2170.