ESTES Model #2172
Super stable. Tall rocket, with those huge fins. Easy construction. A beauty? you judge for yourself. Always right to a C6-5 for this guy. even in a smaller field. Nice slow take offs and slow decent with huge parachute
- Length: 22.5″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 2.4 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Decals: Waterslide
- Flights up to 700′
- Recommended Motors:
- B6-4, C6-5
- 03/07/2001 – Purchased Estes Monarch from Hobbylinc for $8.29 (Retail $11.99)
- 11/11/2001 – Opened package and found all parts present. One balsa fin was broken but glued back together. Scanned fins, nose cone, and plans. Constructed engine mount by attaching engine retainer to motor tube 2-1/2″ from rear. Glued a centering ring 3/4″ from aft end and glued other centering ring at 3/4″ from forward end. Cut out a copy of tube marking guide and shock cord mount. Filled centering ring joints. Glued engine mount assembly into rear of body tube. Marked body tube for fins and launch lug. Cemented nose cone base to nose cone body. Glued one of the fins to body tube.
- 11/12/2001 – Glued remaining fins to body tube. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside the forward end of the body tube 2″ from the front end. Glued launch lug to body tube. Filleted fin and launch lug joints.
- 09/28/2002 – Spray painted model with a base coat of Krylon Gloss White #1501.
- 10/22/2002 – Spray painted entire model with Testors #1265 Flat Olive Drab.
- 06/30/2007 – Touched up mouse bites in balsa fins with Krylon #8143 Flat Olive Drab spray paint.