This is the classic German V-2 kit that is as close as possible to the original 1984 Estes version.
- Length: 22.4″
- Diameter: 2.60″
- Weight: 4.9 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-3, D12-5
- 07/08/2000 – Purchased Estes V-2 from Hobbylinc for $22.49 (Retail $29.99)
- 02/04/2001 – All parts were in this kit. Removed fins from balsa stock. Marked the engine mount tube at 1/8″ & 5-7/8″. Glued the centering ring to the engine mount tube. Removed the fins from balsa stock and sanded them. Filleted centering rings . Removed plastic flash from the boat tail. Attached the shock cord to the top slot of the centering ring. Glued motor mount assembly inside the body tube. Sanded boat tail cuts and added clay weight to nose cone.
- 02/05/2001 – Cemented boat tail to body tube. Cemented fins to body tube through boat tail.
- 02/06/2001 – Filleted 2 of 4 fins with plastic cement.
- 02/07/2001 – Filleted last fins with plastic cement.
- 09/25/2002 – Spray painted model with Krylon Gloss White #1501 as a base coat.
- 11/24/2002 – Camouflaged nose, body tube, and fins.