The Pro Series II line just got a new member! Meet the Super Big Bertha, featuring a BT80 (2.6 in/66 mm) diameter body tube for your building enjoyment. Standing over 36 inches tall, the Super Big Bertha comes with the quick release motor retention system
- Length: 36.8″
- Diameter: 2.6″
- Weight: 8.9 oz.
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- E16-4, F15-6
- 07/05/2000 – Purchased Estes Super Big Bertha from Hobbylinc for $24.49 (Retail $34.99)
- 02/04/2001 – Opened box and all parts were there. Marked the tube coupler at 1/2″ and glued it inside one of the body tubes. Glued one centering ring 1″ from one end of engine mount tube and other centering ring 4/12″ from the other end to accommodate different lengths of rocket engines did not install engine block nor engine holder. Removed four fins and fin gussets from the 1/8″ thick fin stock sheet.
- 02/06/2001 – Glued engine mount assembly to lower body tube. Cut a piece of elastic shock cord 1″ long and 1/4″ wide. Tied a double knot on one end and cut a taper on other to be used to thread through the slot in the top centering ring. This will replace the original shock cord.
- 02/07/2001 – Glued other centering ring to motor mount tube. Filleted the rings and shock cord.
- 02/08/2001 – Stuffed shock cord into engine mount tube and glued the two body tubes together by sanding the rings to fit the inside of the body tube and plastic inside the tube that slid over the tube coupler. Marked the launch lug and fins on the body tube using the tube marking guide. Glued fins to marks and filleted one side.
- 02/09/2001 – Filleted remaining fin sets. Glued 2 of 4 fin gusset sets to the fin joints.
- 02/11/2001 – Cut launch lug into halves and glued to body tube.
- 02/12/2001 – Filleted launch lug joints.
- 09/25/2002 – Spray painted Krylon Gloss White #1501 onto model.
- 10/05/2002 – Sprayed second coat of paint.
- 10/19/2002 – Cut out waterslide decals and applied to model. This completes construction of Estes Super Bertha model rocket kit #2165.