ESTES Model #0801
A mini engine powered version of the 1335 Mega Mosquito. And do we mean MINI! Standing just 3.8″ tall, this little guy can really soar! The Mosquito features simple and quick construction with out of site performance.
Tumble recovery brings this awesome little rocket back to earth. When powered by the A10-3T mini engine, heights of 800 feet can be reached! That’s more than 200 times his own height! But buyer beware, with him being so small and using the most powerful mini engine we make, he might not return!
- Length: 3.8″
- Diameter: 0.54″
- Weight: 0.11 oz.
- Fin: Laser Cut Wood
- Decal: Waterslide
- Recovery: Featherweight
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/4A3-3T, 1/2A3-2T, 1/2A3-4T, A3-4T, A10-3T
- 11/26/1999 – Purchased Estes Mosquito from Hobby Lobby for $3.38 (Retail $3.79)
- 02/11/2000 – Scanned fin pattern and fin marking guide and cut them out. Traced fins onto balsa strip, cut out with exacto knife and sanded to shape. Glued first fin to body tube after marking tube with fin marking guide. Glued remaining two fins to body tube and filleted all three fin joints on both sides.
- 02/12/2000 – Glued nose cone to body tube. Glued launch lug to body tube and filleted joints.
- 07/15/2000 – Hand painted one fin yellow. Remainder of rocket is Red. This completes construction of Estes Mosquito model rocket #0801.
- 12/25/2017 – Repaired model by gluing 2 fins onto body tube.