ESTES Model #2008
High performance is a top feature of this easy to assemble sport flier. Flights to 1200′.
- Length: 16.80″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.03 oz.
- Altitude: 1200′
- Recovery: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 12/25/1998 – Purchased Estes Yellow Jacket from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $8.59 (Retail $8.59).
- 02/15/2001 – Cemented nose cone base into plastic nose cone. Copied page 7 of instructions and cut out shock cord mount and tube marking guide.
- 02/16/2001 – Modified engine mount by eliminating engine clip. Glued green adapter to the engine tube and glued the engine tube to the body tube so the end of the mount assembly tube is even with the end of the body tube. Sanded fins and glued to body tube. Filleted fin joints on two sets of fins. Glued launch lug to body tube.
- 02/17/2001 – Filleted remaining fin joints. Glued and filleted launch lug to body tube. Glued shock cord to mount and then the body tube so it is at least 2″ below the forward edge of the body tube.
- 09/24/2002 – Spray painted Krylon Gloss Sun Yellow #1806 on model. This was a mistake, the paint did not coat the model very good. Should have coated it first with white paint or primer. The model fell from the line holding it up off the ground and hit the grass making it look bad. The model will require sanding and repainted.
- 10/05/2002 – Spray painted fins and bottom 8″ Yellow.
- 10/07/2002 – Painted top of model Gloss Black.
- 10/18/2002 – Cut out waterslide decals and applied to model. This completes construction of Estes Yellow Jacket model rocket #2008.
|11/12/2011||ADC Park||BS54||B6-4||Good Flight.|