Military styling fiber fins and three color decal make this mini engine model rocket a fine addition to any collection.
- Length: 8.5″
- Diameter: 0.541″
- Weight: 0.42 oz.
- Recovery: Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A3-2T, A3-4T, A10-3T
- 01/30/1999 – Purchased Estes Hawkeye from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $3.14 (Retail $3.49)
- 02/12/2000 – Marked body tube using fin guide. Marked lines were extended. Removed cardboard fins from cardstock. Glued fins to body tube along guidelines.
- 02/13/2000 – Glued and filleted fins, rudders, tube coupler and engine blank in place with Elmers Yellow Glue. Attached shock cord with a fabricated engine mount installed by slitting the tube. Glued launch lug to body tube.
- 03/09/2000 – Painted model using Krylon Glossy Smoke Gray #1608.
- 12/16/2000 – Applied last of the decals. This completes construction of Estes Hawkeye model rocket #0873)