The Super Cruiser is a futuristic rocket airplane hybrid.
- Length: 12″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.23oz.
- Plastic nose cone
- Die cut balsa Fins
- Recovery: 14″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A6-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 02/25/2003 – Purchased Quest Super Cruiser from Hobbylinc for $7.29 (Retail $8.99)
- 05/26/2003 – Took pictures of package and parts. Scanned fin sheet, balsa parts, nose cone & base, engine block, centering ring, decal and instructions. Cemented nose cone base to nose cone body. Marked yellow motor tube the width of engine block to make a 1/8″ slit. Inserted engine holder into slot and slide red centering ring over it. Marked rear of engine tube at 1/2″ and applied glued before sliding centering ring to mark. Applied glue just above slit and tied a double knot in one end of Kevlar yellow cord 1″ from end. Pushed the cord through the other centering ring and then slide centering ring onto motor tube up to top end of retainer. Tied white elastic cord to other end of Kevlar cord 1″ from end. Made copy of instructions page 1 and cut out tube marking guide. Filleted other side of centering rings. Applied a ring of glued inside rear of body tube and inserted engine mount assembly until the end of the motor mount tube is even with the rear of the body tube. Marked body tube using guide to align launch lug with engine clip. Extended marks length of body tube.
- 05/28/2003 – Glued back and front wing sections together using wax paper to keep them from sticking to surface. Glued fins assembly to wing line. Sanded upper and lower fin root edges to a 10 degree angle.
- 05/29/2003 – Marked guidelines on upper and bottom sides of main wings. Marked 1-1/4″ from body tube. Filleted fin joints. Glued bottom wing 10 degree angle using form. Glued top wing. Sanded winglets to 10 degrees and glued on guideline 3/4″ from front edge of body tube.
- 05/30/2003 – Filleted winglets. Filleted all top and bottom fins.
- 05/31/2003 – Glued launch lug 4″ from rear of body tube. Filleted both sides.
- 06/01/2003 – Filleted holes in launch joints.
- 07/01/2003 – Coated fins with balsa filler.
- 07/09/2003 – Sanded with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 07/10/2003 – Applied second coat of balsa filler.
- 07/12/2003 – Sanded with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 11/22/2003 – Painted entire model with Krylon Gloss White #1501 several times.
- 12/10/2003 – Removed self adhesive decals and applied to model using photo card as a guide. This completes construction of Quest Super Cruiser model rocket #2012.