QUEST Model #1620
A good looking…well….SPORT rocket. Bright yellow with black decals.. easy to see in the air, even easier to see in the high grass. Length: 15.8 in. / 40.1cm Diameter: .1.18 in. / 30mm Recovery: Parachute Fin type: Quick-Kit Construction Motors: A6-4 / B6-4 / C6-3 / C6-5
- Length: 15.8″
- Diameter: 1.18″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A6-4, B6-4, C6-3, C6-5
- 02/28/2005 – Purchased Quest Sport from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $4.59 (Retail $8.99)
- 11/04/2005 – Took pictures of package and parts.
- 11/05/2005 – Scanned decal, fin can, engine tube, nose cone, aft ring and instructions.
- 11/06/2005 – Took measurements of rocket components and recorded them on page 8 Book #3.
- 11/08/2005 – Tied yellow Kevlar cord and white shock cord together. Tied other end of Kevlar cord to loop in motor housing with a double knot. Placed gray motor tube slot over tab in yellow motor housing and cemented motor housing halves together. Ran the Kevlar and shock cord through the yellow body tubeand cemented the body tube to the motor housing. Cemented each fin into the fin slot of the motor housing. Twisted the fin locking ring onto the rear slot of the motor housing. Tied the free end of the shock cord to the nose cone. Applied self adhesive decals to model. Opened container with 14″ parachute, removed contents and started construction. Opened up parachute and laid it flat. Placed on gripper tab at each corner over the hole to reinforce the hole. Tied each shroud line to consecutive holes forming a loop for the three shroud lines. Found the center and tied a snap swivel. Took pictures of completed model. This completes construction of Quest Sport model rocket #1620.