QUEST Model #2009
Unique fin configuration makes this rocket spin on the way up!
Flights to 1200 feet!
- Length: 12″
- Diameter: 0.984″
- Weight: 0.81oz.
- Fins: Die Cut balsa
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Altitude: 1200′
- Recovery: 12″ parachute
- Recommended Motor:
- A6-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 10/21/1999 – Purchased Quest Spin Fin from Hobbylinc for $5.11 (Retail $6.99)
- 02/26/2000 – Opened kit. The BT-50 is 11″ long and white colored. Glued blue engine block into end of yellow engine mount tube. Cut out fins and traced onto page 46 Book #1. Glued adapter rings over engine retainer on motor mount tube. Modified attachment of shock cord. Used a piece of elastic cord the same length as the original but flat. Attached one end to a paper shock cord mount and glued it into the inside of the body tube.
- 03/01/2000 – Glued engine mount to body tube. Glued tips onto fins at angle so they will spin.
- 03/02/2000 – Glued spin tip to each fin.
- 03/03/2000 – Glued a fin to body tube.
- 03/04/2000 – Glued remaining fins onto body tube. Supported tube with Estes tube holder.
- 03/05/2000 – Reinforced glue joints. Glued launch lug onto body tube.
- 03/06/2000 – Filleted launch lug joints.
- 03/10/2000 – Attached nose cone to shock cord.
- 06/08/2000 – Painted model completely with Krylon Gloss White #1501 spray paint
- 07/30/2000 – Cut out and applied self adhesive decals. The decals were printed on normal clear decal stock. Except for aligning the twist, the decals went on easily. It took several tries aligning the blue and red twist. But the effort was worth it because this model looks really good with its twisted decal design. This completes construction of Quest Spin Fin model rocket #2009.
|07/13/2013||Sod Farm||BS69||C6-5||No spin reading due to human error, did not durn on switch. Wind Speed(mph) – 8.1: Humidity – 81.8%; Temperature(F) – 77.0 Time – 11:28am|