Futuristic looking model of the Quick Series.
Flights up to 1200′
- Length: 18″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.9oz.
- Recovery: Streamer 1″ x 36″
- Recommended Motors:
- A6-4, B6-4, C6-3
- 06/22/2004 – Purchased Quest Pulsar from Hobbylinc for $6.49 (Retail $7.99)
- 03/24/2003 – Started measuring and tracing parts Page 54 Book #2. Placed gray motor tube into motor housing and cemented both halves together. Cemented the larger body tube to the motor housing. Cemented four fins into motor housing slots. Cemented transition to lower body tube then cemented upper body tube to the transition. Cemented base to nose cone and then tied the white shock cord to the base. Tied the Kevlar yellow cord to the motor housing unit and the other end to the white shock cord. Realized the fins were cemented in wrong. Attached shroud lines and snap swivel to streamer. Will purchase another model and call this one a modified version of the Quest Pulsar.
- 04/26/2003 – Constructed 14″ parachute, attached gripper tabs to the corners over the holes and tied the three shroud lines in holes next to each other. Attached snap swivel. Using a piece of string, lined up the shroud lines. Holding the string in one hand and the middle of the parachute in the other, pulled the lines tight. Inserted the end of the string loop through the snap swivel eyelette. With the snap swivel about 1/2″ up the shroud lines made a loop at the end of the shroud lines and held the snap seivel in one hand, pushed the center of the parachute through the loop and pulled tight. This secures the shroud line to the snap swivel loop. Note: Did not apply decals to model.
- 04/28/2003 – Applied a bunch of self adhesive decals purchased from Hobby Lobby and made from other material. This completes construction of Quest Pulsar, modified. Will attach the number 1615b to this model.