QUEST Model #
This rocket was presented to each NARCON 2005 attendee.
There was an autograph session where you could have your model autographed by the NARCON participants.
- Official autograph rocket of NARCON 2005.
- Designed from Quest Bright Hawk.
- To allow for more signatures did not place decals on model.
- 03/11/2005 – This kit was included with the registration fee for NARCON 2005 and was received at the registration desk when checking in.
- 03/11/2005 – Opened kit and took out body tube, applied fin can to one end without glue and started getting autographs thru March 12, 2005.
- 03/17/2005 – Took pictures and measurement of components. Recorded on page 140 Book #2.
- 03/18/2005 – Marked motor tube (yellow tube) 1/2″ from each end. Using a business card ascribed the marks around the motor mount tube.
- 03/19/2005 – Tied Kevlar around engine mount tube after installing motor retainer clip. The clip was held in place with tape. Applied a ring of glue along both marks and glued centering rings to the marks. Applied a fillet of glue to each centering ring.
- 03/20/2005 – Glued engine block in top of engine tube even with the forward edge of tube. Tied end of Kevlar and shock cord together. Stuffed through engine mount. Glued engine mount assembly into body tube until 1/4″ of engine tube sticks out aft end of body tube. Filleted rear centering ring joint.
- 03/21/2005 – Tied nose cone to elastic shock cord. Applied gripper tabs to corners of 14″ parachute. Tied the three shroud lines to adjacent gripper holes and looped lines through a #7 snap swivel. This completes construction of Quest n2005 autograph rocket for NARCON 2005.