Futuristic interceptor patrols the outpost of interplanetary space.
- Length: 19.25″
- Diameter: 0984″
- Weight: 1.3 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A6-4, A8-3, B6-4, C6-5, 7
- 10/21/1999 – Purchased Quest Intruder from Hobbylinc for $7.67 (Retail $10.49)
- 01/30/2001 – An inventory of kit parts was taken and all parts were in kit. The nose cone base was pre-glued into the nose cone so that task did not have to be done. The yellow motor tube was marked 1/2″ from each end. The centering ring closest to the end of the motor clip was placed over the clip which was affixed to the motor tube in a 1/8″ slot. Glue was applied on the side of the mark and the centering ring was slide up to the mark. The other centering ring was glued to the other mark on the opposite end after the Kevlar cord was tied around the motor tube. The white elastic cord and Kevlar cord were tied together. The engine block was glued to the forward end of the motor tube.
- 01/21/2001 – Glued engine mount flush with body tube.
- 01/22/2001 – Marked body tube using tube marking guide and extended lines for fins, wings, and launch lug.
- 01/24/2001 – Glued upper tail fin together.
- 01/25/2001 – Glued other upper tail fin together
- 01/26/2001 – Glued one wing together and then glued the second wing together.
- 01/27/2001 – Glued fins and wings to body tube.
- 01/29/2001 – Glued launch lug to body tube. Filleted launch lug joints.
- 01/30/2001 – Filleted upper fins, wings and lower fin and wings.
- 01/31/2001 – Finished filling lower fins and wings. This completes filleting of balsa to body tube.
- 09/21/2002 – Removed the handle used during painting. Took final pictures of paint. The Krylon paint reacted with the styrofoam creating a wrinkled look.
- 10/08/2002 – Painted model white.
- 11/22/2003 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon Glossy White #1501.
- 11/23/2003 – Decal 1 measurements 10″ x 5-1/4″; Decal 2 measurements 6″ x 1-1/8″.
- 12/19/2003 – It was noted the wings were installed incorrectly. The main wing was glued even with the others instead of off set 2″ from the end of the body tube. Cut out self adhesive decals.
- 01/24/2004 – Applied decals. Did not assemble 12″ parachute because had plenty of others. This completes construction of Quest Intruder model rocket #3001.
|05/12/2007||MS Park||Lex8||D21-4T||Great Flight and almost landed in a tree limb. Another short recovery.|