QUEST Model #3008
The Quest Harpoon model rocket kit is accurately detailed to match the US Navy and Air Force SLAM AGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missile. The Harpoon model rocket can reach an altitude of 800 feet.
- Length: 20.5″
- Diameter: 1.58″
- Weight: 1.9 oz.
- Recommended Q-Jet :
- B4-4, C12-4, C12-6, D16-6, D16-8
- Color coded parts
- Precision laser-cut balsa fins
- Blow molded plastic nose cone
- Kevlar shock cord system
- 14″ Parachute Recovery
- Color coded parts
- 02/25/2003 – Purchased Quest Harpoon AGM from Hobbylinc for $9.78 (Retail $11.99)
- 04/08/2003 – Took pictures of bag and components. Scanned fin stock, nose cone, centering ring and plans. Measured components and recorded on page 62 Book #2. Tied shock cord and Kevlar cord together and then tied the other end of Kevlar cord to end of engine block. Glued engine block to motor tube. Attached motor clip over the end of motor tube with engine block. Attached motor clip over the end of motor tube and held in place with masking tape. Glued centering ring 1/2″ from each end of motor tube. Filleted one side of each centering ring joint.
- 04/09/2003 – Glued other side of centering ring joint. Traced nose cone onto page 62 Book #2. Applied a ring of glue to inside of body tube where upper ring contacts the body tube. Marked fin and launch lug guide lines from a copy of the tube marking guide. Marked fin lines at 1/4″ and 4″ and marked all lines at 8″. Sanded all fins with 220 grit sandpaper.
- 05/20/2003 – Glued first lower fin 1/4″ from aft edge of body tube. Glued middle fin 4″from aft end of body tube. Glued upper fin 8″ from aft end of body tube.
- 05/21/2003 – Glued second set of fins as the first set.
- 05/22/2003 – Glued third set of fins as the first set.
- 05/23/2003 – Glued fourth set of fins as the first set.
- 05/24/2003 – Filleted fin joints. Glued 2″ launch lug 8″ from aft end of body tube along launch lug guideline. Filleted launch lug joints
- 07/01/2003 – Coated balsa filler on fins.
- 07/09/2003 – Sanded balsa filler smooth with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 07/10/2003 – Applied second coat of balsa filler to fins.
- 07/12/2003 – Sanded second coat with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 11/23/2003 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon Gloss White #1501.
- 12/19/2003 – Removed self adhesive decals and applied them to model using instructions and picture card as a guide.
- 12/28/2003 – Cleaned nose cone with damp towel and dried it using a paper towel and the sun. Painted the nose cone with Krylon Gloss Oyster Gray several times.
- 12/29/2003 – Tied shock cord to nose cone, took pictures and placed model in stand. This completes construction of Quest Harpoon AGM model rocket #3008.