Cruise missile styling and unique nose cone design make this kit stand out!
Flights to 1000 feet!
- Length: 16.38″
- Diameter: .984″
- Weight: 1.0oz.
- Plastic nose cone
- Die-cut balsa fins
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motor:
- A6-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 06/25/1999 – Purchased Quest Evader from Hobby Lobby in Monroe, LA for $6.99 (Retail $7.29)
- 02/25/2000 – Opened kit. Glued plastic nose cone tip and base to plastic nose body with Testors Plastic Cement #3512. Glued adapter rings to engine mount tube. Attached engine holding wire into engine bount tube. Traced balsa fins to page 46 Book #1.
- 02/26/2000- Glued engine mount assembly into body tube.
- 03/07/2000 – Sanded all balsa parts smooth. Glued both wings to body tube.
- 03/08/2000 – Glued upper and lower tail fins, forward wing and strake to body tube.
- 03/09/2000 – Filleted all joints.
- 03/10/2000 – Glued launch lug to lower fin. Attached nose cone to shock cord.
- 06/08/2000 – Applied several coats of balsa filler, sanding between coats. Painted entire rocket with Krylon Gloss White #1501. Painted model with Krylon Glossy Smoke Gray #1608.
- 07/28/2000 – Repainted when pulled some of the paint when removing masking.
- 07/30/2000 – Cut out and applied self adhesive decals. This completes construction of Quest Evader model rocket #1007.